The Orchards Federation is committed to serving its community and surrounding areas. We recognise the multicultural, mulit-faith nature of the United Kingdom and understand the crucisal role our schools play in promoting these values. We are a Federation for all. This statement outlines the key British values we actively promote.
[tabs tab1=”Democracy” tab2=”Individual Liberty” tab3=”Mutual Respect” tab4=”The Rule of Law” tab5=”Tolerance of those of difference faiths and beliefs” ]
- Children are involved in Democratic processes e.g voting for our school councilors and shared rewards.
- The school councilors are led by a member of staff from each school who adhere to democratic processes.
- We have links to the local PCSOs who come into school to educate the children about upholding British law and the prosecution service. [/tab]
- Children have key roles and responsibilities in school, such as children in Key Stage 2 who take on the roles of Junior Sports leaders, Buddies, and Librarians
- Within school, children are actively encouraged to make choices, knowing that they are in a safe and supportive environment.
- As a school we educate and provide boundaries for children to make choices safely.
- Through our curriculum clubs and opportunities, children are given the freedom to make choices.
- The aims and ethos statement are embodied in all that we do in both our schools.[/tab]
- Our PSHE curriculum embodies values of mutual respect through units of learning such as relationships and being a responsible
- Respect is embedded within our whole school Golden Rules at both schools [/tab]
- We have links with the local police through the PCSO and Crucial Crew programme.
- We have a clearly structured behaviour policy which all stakeholders understand and follow.
- We regularly review behaviour incidents in school and share these with key stakeholders.
- Assemblies are delivered with a focus on the law e.g Safety Awareness and E-Safety Awareness. [/tab]
- Our R.E curriculum provides a broad and balanced education on a range of faiths, religions, and cultures. At the Orchards Federation there is a focus on the Christian values.
- We have a growing number of E.A.I Children and actively use school resources to promote their learning and integration into our school society.
- We teach specify PSHE through the SEALS programme
- We have visitors from other faiths who share their language and culture with out pupils. [/tab]